Tuesday, April 22, 2014

He is Worthy



I would love to share with you what my Precious Lord, and Savior had for me leading up to Easter.
Yes, Easter has come and gone,
but the message of the trial, crucifixion, burial and victory in it all, 
should always be in our hearts as well as lived out in our lives. 

Some of you dear ladies had tremendous posts honoring and glorifying
our risen Savior, thank you!

" Heaven came down and glory filled my soul "
That is what happened in my life 31 years ago
when I put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

Have I heard the Easter story in those 31 years? Yes in deed!
Do I tire of it? Not at all!
But this year God had something new and wonderful for me!
Something I have heard and read many times over
in that Easter story.

Through God's Word I saw a glimpse of Mary Magdalene's life
after she was "healed" by Jesus.
( Not to be confused with the woman who anointed Jesus' head in Luke 7:37
or Mary the sister of Lazarus)

" And certain women, which had been healed
of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary called Magdalene, out of whom
went seven devils."

Mary Magdalene, came from a city on the sea of Galilee called Magdala,
so "Magdalene" became her surname.
Mary was considered a woman of ill repute, because she came from 
a city with a repution for prostitution.
But, the Bible presents her as a pure,
though deeply afflicted, woman.
After Jesus healed her, she became one of the Lord's
most dedicated disciples,
remaining with Him throughout His
trial, crucifixion and burial.

This is where the hand of God takes hold of my heart.
~
This Mary, the Bible says;
 "Followed Him and ministered unto Him" (Mark 15:41)
What joy must have filled her heart as she ministered to Jesus!
~
This Mary,
"Stood afar off, beholding these things" (Luke 23:49)
I don't know about you, but for me,
my heart is greatly moved when I reflect
on all that took place at the cross for a lost and dying world.
~
The unfair trial...
The cruelty of the crucifixion...
The suffering and anguish as the Son of God, hung on that cross...
The cross that was made out of a tree that He had created.
Darkness that was over all the land and God had to forsake His Son... 
~
Mary Magdalene watched from a distance,
as her Savior, endured the cross.
The Christ who had healed her,,
the Christ, who transformed her life into something beautiful.

"Herein is love, not that we loved God,
but that he loved us,
and sent his Son to be the propitiation
for our sins."
(1 John 4:10)
~
This Mary,
" Was the first to see the empty tomb" (Mark 16:9)
~
This Mary,
"Was one of the first to worship the risen Christ" (Matthew 28:9)
"And as they went to tell his disciples,
behold, Jesus met them,
saying, All hail  ~  Rejoice! 
And they came and held him by the feet,
and worshiped him."

What a beautiful picture!
These words say it all;
"They held Him by His feet, and worshiped Him."
Absolutly possitively powerful!
Those words were both convicting and challanging to my heart.
I desire nothing more than to follow after the Christ, who died for me,
and to bow my heart in worship to a Holy and Righteous God,
who is worthy of all my praise.
~
 This Mary,
had an assignment from Jesus,
"Go to my brethren" and tell them the news. (John 20:21)
Jesus commanded His followers
not only to pray but to go out and serve and witness.

In (Matthew 28:16-20) we are given the "Great Commission"
to go... and make disciples,
baptizing them and
teaching them to obey. 
~
God is seeking believers who know that nothing
is impossible with Him.
He wants disciples who willingly follow with full trust in the Savior.
He wants us to take on His commision.
He formed us to do the impossible through His power,
and he wants us to be a part of the going and telling.
And let us not forget,
"lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."

Our precious Heavenly Father,
may we, like Mary Magdalene,
allow you to heal and change our hearts.
Give us a passion to follow after Thee,
to bow our hearts in worship and adoration of who you are.
And by Your power and for Your sake, through the Spirit,
may we obey Your command
taking the Gospel , in love, to a lost and dying world.
Amen.

Be Lovely!
Debbie


21 comments:

Denise said...

Everything you post, deeply touches my heart. Thank you lovely lady.

Wanda said...

So wonderful to follow Mary through you eyes and thoughts and Scriptures. What a honor to be a follower of Jesus.

How precious the journey she made from being healed to ministering to our Lord and Savior.

Thank you so much for this meditation, which also touches my heart.

Sola Scriptura said...

Amen. Thank you for sharing this beautiful perspective.

Stephanie said...

"Be lovely". . . that is certainly something you are doing and portraying on your blog :)

I was blessed to have you share this story with me in person and it touched my heart, then to read it was an extra joy - you have such a way with words! Thank you for sharing your heart and the lessons the Lord teaches you.

It is terribly windy here and raining. . .I hope you have a beautiful day :) Praying all goes well this afternoon!

Debby Ray said...

Debbie, thank you for this beautiful reminder and sharing your heart with us!

Blessings,
Debby

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie, What a beautiful post you have written that shares the joy of our salvation through our Lord who died for our sins that we might have eternal life.
Mary was healed that she might go forward to witness HIS truth. Now we all have the same opportunity to do the same everyday. What a joy!!

You write so beautiful my friend and touch hearts with your words. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you also for stopping by and your kind comment. You visit was a blessing.

Have a great day!
Hugs

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful posts -- may we never get over the story of Easter!

Ceil said...

Hi Debbie! What an inspiration this post is today! God wants to drive everything out of us that would keep us from him...and then send us on a mission! Or as you said, be part of the Great Commission.

I also learned some new things about the Easter story this year. Isn't it wonderful to keep gaining fresh perspectives? In the life of the Lord, I will never end in learning new ways to live.
Great post!
Ceil

Vicky Hunt said...

I look forward to Wednesdays because I know you will have some lovely words and a beautiful message to share with us...:) You did not disappoint! Such a wonderful message Debbie...thank you!

Blessings, Vicky

Sylvia said...

Such beautiful words, God is using you to bless hearts everywhere and mine is one of them. Trusting and believing that He is with us in all our trails and troubles is so comforting. Thanks Debbie for this wonderful post at the right time.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Very lovely, Debbie. Mary Magdalene has always been an inspiration for me. My mother was named after her, as well.

:) Hope

Terra said...

Great post about Mary, Jesus and us.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a lovely, written from the heart, post you've shared, my friend. It's beautiful to hear the Easter story from your perspective. I second that AMEN! xo

Jazzmin said...

Wow- I wish I could fully express to you the impact your words and telling of this Mary in the bible had on me. Reading this is SUCH an encouragement to me.

I am so blessed by this and to be following your lovely blog.

I hope you have a wonderful day! :)
Blessings to you~ Jazzmin

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

The story of Mary Magdaline is one of my favorites - it sends a powerful message of how we should honor the redeemed and never judge. Her faithful devotion to our Lord and his teachings is such an inspiration to us all. Your beautiful words bring this lovely story to life. Hugs xo Karen

Robyn said...

Such a powerful story and so many lessons to be learned. Thank you for sharing your perspective, Debbie. I'm so glad you are blogging - it's a pleasure to visit!

Camille said...

It is a precious and wonderful blessing to belong to our Great God. May He give us the daily grace and strength to follow Him wherever He leads. Many Blessings to you! Camille

Sandra said...

A special post, Debbie. I enjoyed your thoughts on the Easter story through the eyes of Mary Magdalene.

Bonnie said...

Debbie, Your words and teaching are so gentle and stirring. This is something I want to print out and read over and over again.

You have the gift of expression in writing and your sweet gentle spirit of Jesus shines.

Have a wonderful week.

NanaDiana said...

Isn't it amazing that those left at the foot of the cross were women? Women there strong and faithful until the very end. Great post- xo Diana

Delvalina said...

Thank you for retelling the story of Magdalena with your thoughts. It's one of my favorite stories in gospel.
Stephanie is so blessed daughter that she get encouragement through sharings with you.
i've been thinking of you and talk to you soon.
blessing,
Delvalina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...